Sunday, October 26, 2008

WHERE WE GO AT 2:30 AM


It was 1: 30 in the morning. I was fast asleep, and TLW (The Little Woman) was poking me awake. Rolling over I thought that the dog wanted to go out and do her thing. Instead, the nightmare I fear the most was seemingly occurring.

“Ellen was having trouble breathing, and they are rushing her to the hospital! The nurse is waiting for the ambulance, but she is not sure which hospital. She is pushing for Mather Memorial.”

This kind of news ruins your sleep patterns and awakens you somewhat. I could hardly move from sleeping, but got my butt to move and started to dress.

“”How do I get to Mather?” I inquired.

“They are not sure which hospital. It depends on the ambulance. Why don’t you call the ICF before you go anywhere.” Said TLW.

That made a lot of sense so I did, only to get an answering machine, so I left a message.

2:30 rolled along, as I had gone back to bed, and fell asleep, and TLW said one word to me; “Mather.”

She was up and I jumped out of bed once again.

Dressing in a hurry for someone in a trance, I joined TLW in her car. With us were two thermoses filled with coffee that TLW had brewed.

Arriving at the hospital. We went into emergency and found her in the ‘Fast Track’ section. Lying calmly, her eyes fluttering almost to sleep, and an aid next to her, she jumps up in surprise.

“She’s fine! Just a scare, and I wanted to be certain she was all right. She came over to me and started to have trouble breathing! I got the nurse and she said to get Ellen to the hospital.”

I guess I will be thankful that it WAS nothing, the doctor and nurse both reassuring us that nothing was found. It’s even worth the loss of sleep to be assured, “It’s nothing!”

Please remember my buddies, Joan and Anita, they need your prayers.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My dear Joe & TLW ... just catching up with your blog. Got a Mac @ home now, but no new e-mail yet. My prayers are with you both. I hope your daughter (& TLW) are ok & that you both get a good nights sleep tonight. You certainly don't need any more excitement. Hugs ....

-jan/PCH

Sorry -this may post 2x since I don't know what I'm really doing! :o)