Thursday, November 20, 2008

AW, GEE!

Today was not the best day of the week, or better put, it was a lousy day.

First, I got up this morning feeling all achy from a sinus congestion that is now growing into a full-blown cold! Twisting and turning all night, I couldn’t sleep, and when I got up this morning, I really didn’t want to even move. My head was like a sore tooth, my joints really hurt, and I’m coughing up garbage all day. I have a headache from the coughing, as I struggle to get my throat clear. I lungs feel like they are full.

Then I had to go to physical therapy for my right shoulder. That meant driving in the rush hour traffic, and being greeted by three cheerful ladies, at 8:15 AM! Of course there is strenuous exercises to do for an hour, with heat and cold pressure applied to the shoulder. There is a contraption that I use where I peddle with my hands for six minutes, three forward, and three backward. Mind numbing!

I had to look at this guy with bad toenails doing a golf ball under the feet, as he looked at his I-Pod.

As usual, TLW (The Little Woman), gave me instructions before she I left this morning. Change the batteries in the thermostat and fix the leaky faucet in the kitchen. So I discover I can’t get the thermostat cover off, and I’m afraid of breaking the plastic that covers it. OK, I’ll tackle it tomorrow when I feel better. I go down to the kitchen, and can’t find the screw that should be there on the base of the faucet. OK, I’ll tackle THAT tomorrow when I feel better.

TLW comes come. “Did you change the batteries for the thermostat?” (The beginnings of the inquisition).

“No” I respond, I’ll look at it tomorrow, can’t seem to get the darn thing off.”

“What about the sink? It’s still leaking!” She counters.

“Yes, I noticed that too. I can’t find the screw for the faucet. Tomorrow.”

I go sit in my chair in the den, as TLW comes down waving what should have been a hand grenade to throw at me. It was the thermostat and new batteries. OK, so she gets points for that. I go back to my chair, and guess what?

“Joe! Come in here.” More points! SHE found the screw on the faucet!

I was just feeling lousy all day. I still have a meeting to go to tonight that will last about 2 hours.

As soon as I quit coughing, I’ll quit complaining.

No comments: