Wednesday, November 12, 2008

BLOOD LINES IN THE SAND


TLW (The Little Woman) and I share the same medical group of doctors. Hers is a Philoppino named Melendez, and I have a nice Jewish doctor named Howeritz. I love my doctor in a medical way, and she loves hers the same.

Every three months, we go to the doctors for our quarterly checkups, and they are scheduled around the same time, hers is usually a few days behind mine.

This month they were on the same day, and I had to cancel my originally appointment with Dr. Howeritz and reschedule it later in the day with Dr. Melendez.

TLW went first at 2:oo pm, then I went at 4:15 pm. Being how we went to the same doctor in the one day, we compared notes. We also gave blood for the lab, or were supposed to. TLW didn’t because e the doctor couldn’t find her veins!

When Dr. Howeritz takes blood, a tiny dot lasts for an hour, maybe, and then it disappears. Today Dr Melendez took the blood.

Massacre! It was Custer’s last Stand, all over again! Blood all over the place, my arm reduced to a bloody pulp!

That evening, TLW and I were discussing Dr. Melendez.

“I like Dr. Melendez.” She said.

“I do too, but I like Howeritz better. He knows how to take blood.”

“Oh! Do you? Why?”

“Because Dr. Howeritz doesn’t take blood with a machete, he uses needles.” I responded.

“Well I think we should have separate doctors. We don’t agree on everything, and besides, I think that is private.” She answered back.

“Come on, he couldn’t even find any blood in you, so he sends you to a lab to get it. I never have to leave the office!”

The moral boys and girls is: If you are going to fight, fight over real blood.

Please remember my pals, Joan and DD.

No comments: