Sunday, December 14, 2008

EXCEPTIONS TO A RULE


Yesterday I went on about the leisurely life that I now lead in retirement. Something strange is happening! It seems I need a calendar to keep track of my leisure!

I seem to be falling behind in my retirement! I have to spend longer days to complete what I need to not do. For instance: two books I’m reading that come due soon at the library. I guess I could renew them, but then it would take away from other books I wish to read.

I wanted to start doing some serious glass painting and donating the money I make to my favorite charity, but other things are in the way. The charity (AHRC Suffolk, keeps me busy with NYSARC the state umbrella agency, the Board of Directors, and the various committees that I am a member of.

I’m trying to finish writing a novel before I pass on, and am only three-quarters through it. I have a blog to do everyday, and now I even do physical therapy. There are baseball and football games that need my attention, and of course, my family. I’ve been cutting into my naptime, and on some days, eliminating it, for lack of time! Yes, I know I do everything slowly, (after all, I am retired) but I am falling behind.

There is some artwork and new stories I wish to write.

To add to a very serious situation, there are the Holidays! How am I going to squeeze in the Holidays? Do I cut into more naptime? Oh, yes, there is also TLW’s (The Little Woman’s) religious class that I must do art work for.

It’s tough! I hope to hang on.

Please remember my buddies, Joan and DD and all that need our prayers.

1 comment:

Fran said...
This comment has been removed by the author.