Tuesday, December 09, 2008

HOW TO GET OLD AND STILL LAUGH


Yesterday, TLW (The Little Woman) decided to go shopping, just as #2 Son was leaving for work. #2 Son pulled out, then TLW, as she followed him down the road. As she followed, she noticed that #2 had a rear tire that was going flat, and decided to follow him to work first. Arriving safely, #2 parked his car, and TLW decided to drive it to a gas station to air in it, leaving her car behind Macy’s, where #2 works.

Parking at a air pump, she tried to fill the faulty tire, but couldn’t, and it went totally flat. Two young men arrived and offered to assist her with the changing of the tire, but she said “No thanks”. “I’m going to call my husband”, said TLW. “Is he capable of changing the tire?”

When she related her story to me, she said she was offended that the two fellows would think she was so old that her husband was incapable of any heavy lifting!

TLW then began to walk back to her own car, which was an uphill walk, and a good distance. “Well, at least I was able to walk uphill and a long ways, without being out of breath!” said TLW. The fact to the matter is, she could probably walk circles around those two men, because I know she sends me around in circles!

Please remember my pals: Joan and DD, and all those that suffer and need our prayers.

No comments: