Tuesday, December 30, 2008

WHAT’S NOT TO LIKE?


I first met him when he was about 7 or 8-years old. He was sitting with his family over the Thanksgiving holiday in 1970 at my in-laws. Wearing a plaid shirt, and corduroy’s, he also wore a smile that said, “Hey, nice to meet you.”

He didn’t seek anyone’s attention, just politely watched as I was introduced around. He was on his way to becoming one of the most complete gentlemen I have ever known.

If you wonder why I never mentioned him before, it is his fault. He is too quiet, too modest, and just a great person. Class comes in many forms. You beat someone in sports, you don’t rub it in, you part from a partner, and you do it gently with compassion. This man is the embodiment of class, just his being.

If you need help, a friend, maybe even money, he will quietly help. In 38 years, I don’t think he ever offered to speak about himself. He listens, and he smiles, a good smile, one of comfort and grace.

Who is he? He is TLW’s (The Little Woman’s) nephew, Stephen. The good son of Maureen and Steve Gilardi, whenever his Dad needs help in the world of programming, he calls on an expert, his only son, an expert, who learned from his Dad.

The 28th was Stephen’s birthday. Stephen is special to everyone, while Stephen treats everyone special. If you don’t know Stephen, I’m sorry for you, you are missing one of the nicest people you could ever know!

I thought Stephen’s birthday was the 30th, but I was wrong, it is the 28th!

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY, STEPHEN!
Love, Aunt Ellen, Uncle Joe, Ellen, Anthony and Mike!

No comments: