Monday, January 26, 2009

DOWN BY THE RIVERSIDE

It was the annual holiday party for the Wanna-be bank, which employs TLW (The Little Woman). This year they decided to invite the spouses for the first time ever! Being how TLW’s boss was there, I had to behave myself and be nice. Sucking it up, I went.

On our way to the restaurant, I saw a sign that said: “The Snapper Inn”. It is a restaurant I used to bribe TLW into marrying me with. After we married, I would go on occasion for a birthday or anniversary, or for dinner. Being it was always popular, there was a first come, first served basis. Being how I felt I shouldn’t wait, I thought out this plan.

Maitre’d: “Good evening, how many, sir?”
Me: “Two”
Maitre’ d; Very good, sir, there is a 30 to 45 minutes wait. Name?”
Me: (Here is where my plan kicks in) Dr. Dogas, MD. I figure a doctor wouldn’t wait.
Maitre’ d: “Why don’t you go out on the lawn and have a drink while you wait?”

After and hour or more…

Maitre’ d: “Dr. Dogas, table of two, Dr. Dogas, table of two!”

A few moments later, “Dr. Dogas, table of two, Dr. Dogas, table of two!”

A few moments later: “Dr. Dogas, table of two, Dr. Dogas, table of two! Last call, Dr. Dogas, table of two!”

Meanwhile, I’m sitting, having my third scotch and soda, wondering why they haven’t called MY name yet!

Please remember DD, and all those who need our prayers.

No comments: