Thursday, February 12, 2009

AH, SPRING!


“Spring has sprung
The grass is riz,
I wonder where
The birdies is?”

Author best forgotten

Yesterday was the first real hint of the coming of spring! Yes, that glorious time of the year that I hate. Why? I get a false sense of energy, and do too much and pay for it.

I went for a walk yesterday. Going full of energy meant going full tilt. I returned from my walk, then did some work around the house: repairs and dusting, then decided to get a jump on dinner and made that early. Experimenting with cauliflower, it made a great side dish, and then it hit me! My right foot gave out, the pain almost floored me, and I had to sit down! When I was in college, I was in either a horse and carriage or car accident, (It was so long ago, I can’t recall) and broke my leg and foot!

It is also time for the birds to return from the south. They will pickup where they left off in the fall: pooping on my car!

I will go to buy flowers, grass seed and fertilizers, and watch nothing happen, but I will diligently water and wait. Maybe this year I’ll convert all that money to coin. I will spread the coin around and get the same results. Hey, I try.

It’s springtime for not only “Hitler and Germany”, but also for baseball. I will watch a bunch of druggies report to collect obscene amounts of money to toss a baseball about. My team will stay on the drugs and become comatose as September rolls around and they lie down and die once more!

The trees will bud, giving me more leaves to rake in the fall, which will find their way to my pool! Gosh it’s fun! It means cooking on the grill, going out to buy gas in a tank, then trying to be creative, and not eat franks and hamburgers, over and over again.

As you can see, I am full of enthusiasm for spring. Can’t wait.

Please remember DD, and all those that need our prayers.

No comments: