Wednesday, February 18, 2009

EVER-MINDFUL TLW

Being a married man, getting words in edge-wise is not always an option. For instance, last week when we went out to eat, TLW (The Little Woman) was talking, and I was listening. I deal with this usual flow. However, in the course of these conversations, I sometimes will make a note or two about something. It helps me to remember ideas for later on. Sometimes the notes are for later calendar markings about future events.

As she was giving me dates for the next two months, I scribbled them down on my notepad.

“What are you writing down?”
“Huh?”
“What are you WRITING DOWN?”
“Oh, all those dates you just gave me.”
“I thought maybe you were writing down something for your blog! God knows everything I do or say goes on the blog?”
“No, not this time. By the way, you never read the blog, how do you know what goes down on it?”

Well, she does read the blog. She even remembers what I wrote for the day, when I don’t remember!

We went into Lowe’s the other day, and on our way around the store, I saw this wooden drawer filler. It is a sectioned off box about 12” by 17” for one to put their knives, forks spoons etc. in. We got into a discussion about it, and I said it looked easy enough to make, why buy one.

“Will it cost more to make than to buy?”
Me: “Well I didn’t say it would be cheaper, just easy to make!”
She knows me.

However I did have one triumph that day. The appliance salesman asked if we had rubber hoses attached to the old washing machine, because if we did, we would have to buy the new aluminum hoses. TLW said we didn't, I said we did. I WAS RIGHT!!!

I need a week to recover from that one!

Please remember DD and all those that need our prayers.

No comments: