Saturday, February 21, 2009

THE WORST COLD EVER!

This morning I woke up with a nasty head cold, semi-sore throat, and running nose. I feel too tired to chase after it! #2 Son, my first wife’s child from another husband (had to be!), gave me the cold. He is currently out of the will. (At least until I feel better.)

Sneezing makes me woozy, my head seems to have an inner shell, one that vibrates and hits against the outer shell, every time I sneeze. If I may quote, #1 Son from TLW’s (The Little Woman’s) previous marriage, when he was about 3 years old: “I got a code in my node!”

The cough that emanates from my chest makes me nuts. It tries to loosen up the phlegm, but it doesn’t, so I want to reach down into it and drag it out! If I’m sounding like a baby, too bad. When these things happened to me as a child, Mom would say: “Take an aspirin, and go to school, you’ll be just fine.” The trouble is although I have the aspirin; the school might be an issue. Maybe if I just stand outside one.

Tissues, tissues, tissues! Stuffed in my pants pocket, coat pockets, and some even in shirt pockets. Comes next fall, when I put my hands in my coat pockets for the first time, out will be hardened, flat crumpled up tissues from this year. A lot of them, too!

I have handkerchiefs in my back pocket, but I like to keep them fresh for special occasions. I hate to use tissues in mixed company, how primitive!

These things start about two days before. A burning sensation in the sinuses starts and gets progressively worse. Then I wake up feeling lousy, irritable, and apologetic to TLW for being a pain in the butt.

But this cold, this cold is the worst cold I’ve ever had!

AAAAHHH… AAAAAHHHH CHOOOO. Excuse me.

Please remember DD and John in your prayers.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

For a small price, I have beauiful tissues you will be proud to show off. Feel better for Ellen's sake.
Love your younger sister- Theresa

Anonymous said...

Gesundheit ( German pronunciation : [ɡəˈzʊnt.haɪt]) is the German and Yiddish word for health. When a person sneezes, German, Yiddish, and North American English speakers typically say Gesundheit! to wish them good health, serving much the same purpose as "bless you" in English. So, Joe:

Gesundheit!

If it makes you feel any better, and it probably doesn't, I woke up with the same thing! Although I had just an annoying cough all week. Figures, it's Saturday and I feel like crap!

Feel better!
X&O
Jan Spalding/PCH

Joseph Del Broccolo said...

Vielen Dank, ich hoffe, dass Sie sich besser fühlen!
Joe

Anonymous said...

That's easy for you to say.


Hope you're feelin' better!


jan/pch