Monday, March 16, 2009

ABANDONED!


Like a rat on a sinking ship, she high tailed her way off to New York City. As I sat all alone, with nobody to talk to, she was having a great time at Bruno’s Italian Resturant! As I listened to the silence, one more time, she was yakking away with her look alike buddies, Toots II and Pat, the Patron Saint of Foxwoods Points! Who is this ‘she’ I speak of? Why TLW (The Little Woman).

To make matters worse, she told me to do the weekly shopping. All of it!

Do you know what it is like to do a woman’s job like food shopping? Try looking for the frozen spinach. Do they put all the frozen spinach types together in the supermarket freezer? NOOOOOO! First, you find creamed spinach, or chopped spinach. Then after the corn, the Brussels sprouts and the string beans, about 20 feet further along, they stick the frozen spinach way on top, so you can’t reach it. All this while she is visiting Madame Tussauds!

Need escarole? You look for it. You look again. Then you look and look again. Then when you are not looking, they put it on the shelf, as you ask for help, and they want to know if you’ll need help finding your way out of the store! All this, while she sits in comfort on a big old bus, chewing the fat about her wanna-be bank!

Then, insults upon insults, she says: “ Go buy yourself some Chinese food, and I want the change.”

I go to the checkout to pay. The checkout lady asks if I have a Waldbaum’s card. I say yes and give her one for a discount. Being I’m deaf as a doorknob, she asks me if I have a single, and I misunderstand her. I look at her and ask: “Why?” She looks at me strange, I look at her strange, she says, a single, DO YOU HAVE A SINGLE? IT WILL AVOID A LOT OF CHANGE FOR THE EXTRA TWENTY YOU ARE HOLDING, SIR.

I answered a strong and firm; “Oh!” I thought she asked if I was single.

The moral here boys and girls is DON’T SEND THIS IDIOT OUT ALONE, WITHOUT SUPERVISION!

Please remember my Brother-in-law, John, and MMB (My Man Bill), and all those that need our prayers.

No comments: