Sunday, March 08, 2009

GOD, HELP ME!


Sitting in my studio, typing away, I was suddenly hit with some shocking news the other day! Now TLW (The Little Woman) and I have spent a fortune on #2 Son’s education. Our fervent hope is that he makes something of himself. Having guided him through his formative years, then through high school and now college.

We have discussed his ambitions, how he wanted to drive a white panel truck throughout the country and play in a band. Going from venue to venue was how he saw his life. Of course there was no talking him out of that one, then other ideas replaced that one and so we went.

Stepping into the threshold of the studio, with a slight bow he made his announcement. Being a man of ambition once myself, I see fulfilling of ambition a lot of hard work. #2 sees it as a click of the mouse!

“I have just become a minister!”

Being around for some time now, I didn’t get too excited. If this guy ever became a minister, I’d stop believing in God!

“Really.” And I went on typing.

“Yes, I did it on line! It was so easy! I never thought I’d be something like that!”

“Yes! That is something! What is the name of your church?” Why not play along?

“THE UNIVERSAL UNITARIAN CHURCH!”

“What makes your church different from say a Methodist church?” I asked.

“Oh! We practice all religions!” he stated proudly.

With him as the head of a church, the sacrament would be a daily one. That is, one bottle of beer from a six pack, for six days, and on the seventh, he would ask his mother for money to buy another six pack!

Let us pray!

Please remember DD and my brother-in-law John, and all those who need our prayers.

No comments: