Friday, March 06, 2009

GROWING UP

It is so hard to do!

This morning I stopped for a red light in my car, and right in front of me was a school bus. The bus had glass-paneled doors that fit into the back rear emergency door of the bus. In the bus were some 2nd or 3rd graders, who were looking out the rear door.

I will be 64 in July. My mother is still waiting for me to grow up. I probably won’t ever grow up!

Anyway, this urge overcame me. I stuck my tongue out at the kids. One kid nearly fell out of his clothes as he called over his buddy. Pointing at me, he told his buddy what I did, they laughed and stuck their tongues out at me! (I don’t know where these kids get this stuff from?)

I decided that as an older person, I would not take this stuff from them, so I put my thumb on the end of my nose and wiggled my fingers. This is an much profanity one can use without using real profanity, and still be legal. Just then, the bus moved ahead of me and one kid stuck his tongue out again, another gave me the wiggle fingers, and another, flipped me the bird! (No, I did not flip it back.) So, I have contributed to bad behavior, childish, immature, bad behavior. The kind of behavior that would have sent me down to the principle’s office and Brother Justinian!

I’ve decided, I need to get a little classier. So, in an attempt to rebuild my self-image, and that of the world’s view of me, I am no longer writing a ‘blog’, but instead, I will refer to it as a ‘blogue’

I can feel the class oozing out of me, even as I write this!

Please remember DD and my brother-in-law, John, and all those that need our prayers.

No comments: