Monday, March 30, 2009

HERE COMES THE BRIDE – FOR REAL



It had all the trimmings for a real wedding. The Church, St. James, a beautiful modern edifice, was matched to a beautiful modern bride with a handsome groom. The building, filling up early was in anticipation for a happy event. There were more than enough happy smiles to guarantee the event.

The bride is the daughter of TLW’s (The Little Woman’s) cousin Jan. Her name is Jenny, and she would fit the bill if I needed to do a photo session for a bridal magazine. Tall, slim and gorgeous, with her Mom’s smile and her Dad’s disposition, she lights up the room. I never saw so many people happy for the happy couple.

As the reception played out, the food like the rest of the day was great, and the band kept just about everyone up and dancing, crowding the dance floor. I think the joy was evident in the Groom and the wedding party.

Then a special dance began, one for the Bride and her Dad, and one with the Groom and his Mom. (Mom looked just beautiful for the event as the day was.)

I started thinking about what the dance symbolized in my mind, the final departure of a child from the nest. That sweet, sorrowful goodbye that can only be expressed in our hearts when we witness it. There is the happiness of the union, but the sadness knowing, nothing will ever be the same again! Dad is trusting another man to his child, the one he waited up for when she was late from a date. It is the same child that he hurried to the hospital for when she was born, and paced the nights away when she was ill. That little girl who may have fallen off her bike, scraping a knee, and his wiping her tear away, to assure her everything would be all right. The last dance, and he wishes it could last a little longer.

Nobody loves me like you do

Like a candle burnin' bright, love is flowing in your eyes
A flame to light our way that burns brighter every day
Now I have you
Nobody loves me like you do

Like a leaf upon the wind I could find no place to land
I dreamed the hours away, wondered every day
Do dreams come true?
Nobody loves me like you do

CHORUS
What if I never met you?
Where would I be right now?
Funny how life just falls in place somehow
You touched my heart in places
That I never even knew
Nobody loves me like you do

I was words without a tune
I was a song still unsung
A poem with no rhyme
Dancer out of time
But now there's you
Nobody loves me like you do

CHORUS
What if I never met you?
Where would I be right now?
Funny how life just falls in place somehow
You touched my heart in places
That I never even knew
Nobody loves me
Nobody loves me
Nobody loves me like you do-oo-oo-oo-oo
Nobody loves me like you do


A SPECIAL BIRTHDAY WISH TO A REALLY GREAT GUY, MY NEPHEW GERARD! HAPPY BIRTHDAY GUY!

Please remember my brother-in-law, John, and all those that need our prayers.

No comments: