Wednesday, March 25, 2009

IT’S THE PRINCIPLE OF THE THING!

I recently got as slap on the wrist from one of my older sisters. She’s been trying for years to make people think I am older. It is rather sad and pathetic, but we all love her anyway. It seems I misspelled the word ‘Principal.’ Instead, I used ‘Principle’ to describe my baby sister's position in school! Let me tell you, I can’t spell, never have and never will. More importantly, I don’t care! That is why there is supposed to be “Spell-check” I retired, so I don’t need to worry about those things as much as I did. I can go from worse to worst to worster yet still! Unfortunately, when I write this blogue, I never write to impress, just to amuse and/or inform. I write quickly and try to do it first thing in the morning. I let it fly, so to speak.

Spelling is not my only flaw. I can’t tell you where I stand in relation to north or south, or east and west! My mind sets it somewhere in one direction, when it is in an opposite direction. I’m so bad that if I decide to go somewhere from someplace other than my home, as they say in Brooklyn: “forgeddaboutit!” I usually point in one direction, when I mean another! I do know the direction to the refrigerator.

I have a tendency, according to #1 Son, which I do not think is so, to add an ‘s’ to a name or take an ‘s’ off! I think he says that to try to make me think I lost my mind.

If that is not enough, I can mispronounce a word –‘just like dat. It is an old habit from my Brooklyn days. Every once in a while it slips in. I have tried to eliminate it over the years. I can truly say however, I never ‘mis-remember’.

So, I’m not perfect! I hope you can all forgive me, and I can move on to a nap.

Or is that knap? Like school, it’s the principle of the thing.

Please remember my brother-in-law John, and all those that need our prayers.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mi deer brathur-in-lau
eye am a great speller but eye hav tha nrth, soth, est, wesst thig toooo, just ask your brother-in-law DJM.

Joseph Del Broccolo said...

Sew I sea!