Saturday, March 21, 2009

KEEPING A PRIVATE EYE ON THINGS


TLW (The Little Woman) has an uncanny knack for analyzing things and putting the proper spin on them. For instance: she will say she was thinking about something or other, and; “Came to a conclusion”. I on the other hand never gave it a thought!

A vast mental file of events, personalities and conclusions reside in her head, in which she draws from, starting a conversation. I know when it comes to me, she will stare out into space as she announces her conclusion! Picking a topic, usually recent in events, she lays a bombshell on me and I think: “Yes, that does make sense.”

Sometimes, when we ‘discuss’ an event, she will draw from her mental files something I said 25 years ago! It is then that I circle the wagons.

This is making me nervous, and I am wondering when she will start to stare into space, say she had a thought, and announce to me; “Why was it again, you said I should marry you?” There may be other questions, which may pop up. If they start with “You promised,” I will have to pack up and leave.

I think I may be on the short end of fulfillment of promises, ones that I made indiscriminately in my youth. Oh, like riches, fame and “I’ll get better looking with age, I promise!”

This morning she made one of her observations, where she analyzed a fact and concluded; which impressed me. I mentioned that she should have gone to work for the U.S. State Department years ago. If she did, the Berlin wall and the fall of communism would have occurred in the 1970’s!

Please remember my brother-in-law John and MMB (My Man Bill) and all those that need our prayers.

No comments: