Sunday, March 22, 2009

MAYBE GOD DOES WORK IN STRANGE WAYS!


MAYBE GOD DOES WORK IN STRANGE WAYS!

Recently I volunteered my creative services to an organization that helps people like my daughter Ellen. I did because I wanted to, and besides, it will keep my hand in things I use to be good at.

In one of my programs, I have been unable to make it do a certain thing that plagued me forever. In working with this agency (Community Residences, Inc.), I needed to send them something in a certain format. The format would not work for me, and it frustrated me.

I took the bull by the horns and decided to do some research, that I really dug into. Then it hit me! And I struck gold! I got what I was looking to do for three years!

Maybe I will not get to heaven, but I felt like it yesterday. Helping people without reward is reward in itself. I was rewarded with the solving of a problem that was plaguing me, and I was too busy to try to figure out! Then, boom!

Years ago, when I was applying to colleges, I considered becoming an engineer. I sent away for a catalog from the Milwaukee School of Engineering. On the cover of the book was the letters MSOE. I have a tendency to build mental blocks on some things. (Yes, I am a blockhead) and for weeks, MSOE made no sense to me. Then in a dream, I figured it out! I even heard myself say it, as I read the cover letters. In a dream, no less!

I guess doing something for others does and is reward.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO JENNIFER BOGDAN!
Today she is going on 21, once again!

Please remember my Brother-in-law, John and MMB (My Man Bill) and all those that need our prayers.

2 comments:

Steve Philp said...

If you turn that graphic in your post into a business card-sized piece of paper, I'd gladly shove 'em under people's windshield wipers as a "kind" reminder that the parking spots are meant for others!

Any ideas for something to punish people parking in the fire lanes in front of stores? :)

Joseph Del Broccolo said...

paint the darn thing red!