Wednesday, March 04, 2009

THESE YOUNGSTERS, THEY JUST DON’T GET IT

Or, Just How Cold IS It?

I went out for my usual roll and coffee this morning, and asked the young fellow behind the counter if he knew just how cold it was outside. I’ll tell you in a moment.

You must wonder if I’m retired, why I go out every morning for a roll and coffee. For precisely that reason, to get out for a moment, just like I used to do, to see what’s new in coffee cups, coffee urns and good-looking girls. So far, all I know about is coffee, and girls with good eyesight!

So, I get my coffee and select a pre-wrapped buttered roll, and go to pay for it. A young fellow is behind the cash register and is dressed funky. We used to call it dressing like a bum, but now it’s called, funky.

Me: “Do you know how cold it is outside?”
The Test Pilot For Good Will: “No?”
Me: “It’s so cold, the radio reported this morning that the Statue Of Liberty has her torch under her skirt!”
The Test Pilot For Good Will: “Huh? Oh.”

?

It IS probably me. Maybe I need something stronger than coffee.

My neighbor, MMB, (My Man Bill, is probably the best neighbor you could possibly have. Not only did he clear out my driveway, but he came back a second time to clear it again. He probably figured it is better than having me hang around the neighborhood.

Mr. Ignellzi, my neighbor across the street, did something yesterday I never saw him do before. He was actually wearing winter clothes! I usually see him in a T-shirt and shorts, barefooted outside, no matter what the weather.

So much for important information this day.

Please remember DD, my brother-in-law John, and all those that need our prayers. Especially smokers.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK ... I laughed :o)


Jan Spalding/PCH

Joseph Del Broccolo said...

It's healthy to laugh!