Tuesday, March 17, 2009

TOP O THE MORNIN TO YA!


May you always have walls for the winds,
A roof for the rain, tea beside the fire,
Laughter to cheer you, those you love near you,
And all your heart might desire.


To all my friends, and in-laws;
HAPPY ST. PADDY’S DAY!

To my children and my girlfriend, TLW (The Little Woman):
May St. Patrick guard you wherever you go,
And guide you in whatever you do--
And may his loving protection be a blessing to you always.


To all my readers:
May the road rise to meet you,
May the wind be always at your back,
May the sun shine warm upon your face,
The rains fall soft upon your fields and,
Until we meet again,
May God hold you in the palm of His hand.


To all the people that have expanded the family, be it Irish, Polish, Japanese or English, or any nationality there is:
May you have love that never ends,
Lots of money, and lots of friends.
Health be yours, whatever you do,
And may God send many blessings to you!


Today I make a special dish for TLW. Every year I try to do something that is not the usual, but comes from the old sod. This year it is pork chops in ale, with horse-radish mashed potatoes and Irish soda bread, and of course, a glass of ale! This is a way of connecting TLW with her heritage, and by good grace of Saint Anthony, (The patron saint of Italy) I hope she enjoys it.

Please remember my Brother-in-law John, MMB (My Man Bill) and all those that need our prayers. These two guys are good people, lets keep them around a long time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

May God Bless you and your family today and always Joe!

What time do you want Spin and I over for dinner?

x&o Jan/PCH

Joseph Del Broccolo said...

Immediately, if not sooner!