Wednesday, March 11, 2009

TWO OLD FOGGIES

Yesterday was the big day I have been waiting for. TLW (The Little Woman) completed my blanket, mine, my very own!

Having your own personalized blanket is very important. Ask Linus. First, TLW made the blanket to match my complexion. Secondly, it will come in handy when I croak: she can just throw it over me until they come to leave me at the curb. (Tuesdays and Fridays) I will be able to hide stuff under it, and when she falls off to sleep, sneak a piece of it. Finally, we will match, her under her blanket, me under mine, in our recliners, drifting in and out of sleep, all night long, in front of the TV! Two old foggies, cast away in slumber! Just like two lampshades!

With this blanket, I may even take up thumb sucking!

When someone makes you a gift that takes a long time, you treasure it. You pay careful attention to where you leave it, how you leave it, ad how to treat it. This took a lot of work and time! Even the edging is beautiful. I’m funny that way. Make me something and I savor or treasure it as long as possible. When TLW makes it, FORGETTABOUTIT!

Please remember DD and my brother-in-law John, and all those that need our prayers.

No comments: