Saturday, April 04, 2009

EVERY YEAR AT THIS TIME!


It seems to me, people become more active after the winter months. Graduations, weddings and party’s, dinners and meetings take up my time. Every spring, I go up to Albany to a spring convention, then a meeting upstate somewhere. This spring is no exception.

This year, TLW has become more active, and is now flaunting in my face, her many social dates. She counts out loud, for my benefit, where she is going for dinners and showers and the kinds of occasions she is in for. (It’s the restaurants she wants me to be jealous of.)

In the coming weeks, she and I will attend a wedding, a school reunion, and in both occasions, that means family reunions on her side. Lots of Irishmen! Lots!

Fortunately, they have seen the light and most have married Italians! That’s good! I need paisans to commiserate with.

Getting back to the facts at hand, she is sticking me folks! Jabbing me with fancy restaurant attendance, and telling me to cook for myself! NOT EVEN CHINESE TAKEOUT!

What happened to the sweet girl I married from long ago? TLW tells me it is “Payback” for all those years of fancy lunches I went to while she stayed home with the kids. What she fails to realize is that that was work! I WAS WORKING, AND WORKING HARD. Is this the thanks I get?

Please remember my brother-in-law John and all those that need our prayers.

No comments: