Friday, April 24, 2009

HI-JACKED ON THE ELEVATOR

The bus was scheduled to leave at 5:00 PM. It was 4:40 PM, and I was tired of walking around THE MUSEUM OF THE CITY OF NEW YORK. TLW (The Little Woman and I had visited Gracie Mansion, Carmine’s on 91st Street and Broadway for a family style Italian dinner, (a lot of yelling and arm waving), and the museum tour was the finish of the ‘Get Up And Go’ touring.

TLW, the lovely young thing in the photo had other ideas. We approached the elevator, as a young woman who worked in the museum held the door for us. In we stepped as I thanked the gal, and pushed the first floor button.

“Why are you pushing that button?” asked the lovely young thing (TLW).
“Why err, the first floor!”
“No, the second floor.”
“But the first floor is where we go!”
“No, the first floor is where YOU want to go.”
“Oh! I see.”

The worker suddenly smirked a little and pushed the second floor button on me.

Men, there is a lesson in all this. If you THINK you wear the pants in the house, check to see if she sewed a zipper on it.

Please remember my brother-in-law, John, and MMB (My Man Bill) and all those that need our prayers.

No comments: