Thursday, April 02, 2009

THE LONGEST DAY.

Bone weary exhaustion, coupled with enough aches and pains to occupy a full staff of doctors and nurses, TLW (The Little Woman) and I awakened for another day of painting walls and doors. We have both vowed: “Never again!”

Funny how when we were younger we wished we could afford to hire someone to do the work. We would work well into the night, and be finished within half the time we spend now. Now that we can afford to have it done, we do it anyway! Then we congratulate ourselves that we saved maybe $600 to $800 minimum for the work.

TLW is there with me, every step of the way, every brush stroke matching mine. The only difference is she doesn’t swear off in Italian. When we finished the walls, both up and down stairs, we felt a sense of accomplishment.

In the early afternoon, TLW and I decided to look for a paper border for the small toilet we have in the entranceway, since we painted it. Going to Lowe’s and then Home Depot, where there was nothing, we decided we will go to Aboff’s and go through the tedium of looking through books. My feet and legs were killing me from the up and down of the stairs and ladders, and I lost patience with it all. Then TLW made an announcement! “You will spend the afternoon looking on the internet for border ideas, maybe we can order something from there.” That is not going to happen, since before I buy, I want to see first-hand what it looks like.

Today, while you read this, we will be painting 11 doors, both upstairs and downstairs, and we will be finally finished! I hope.

Please remember my brother-in-law, John, and all those that need our prayers.

1 comment:

Theresa said...

Hi Jo-JO
Sorry you are working sooo hard!
Here is a secret, you will have a hard time finding a border without me. They are not in anymore, very little to choose from.