Wednesday, April 08, 2009

RARE MOMENTS OF LUCIDNESS

Being a husband has its moments. For one thing, we are not always right, for another, we are not always right! This can cause a problem or two, when you need to argue a point with TLW (The Little Woman).

It seems that they have all the answers, know where everything is, and will kill you with past-history. Many times, I have carefully prepared my case, studied all the points I wanted to make and rehearsed in my head what I would say. I once even anticipated what her response would be, but I gave that up when I lost that argument! No matter how well I remember, how well I argue, she still wins!

Being a woman means having persuasive powers over a man. You as a man can never discuss her weight, unless she brings it up, if you tell her she is beautiful, she won’t believe you, and you won’t get an answer if you ask how old she is. YOU NEVER, EVER, MAKE COMPARISONS WITH MOVIE STARLETS, unless they are complimentary!

So, you must be asking yourself: So what is it he is trying to tell me I don’t already know as a husband?”

I remember Dad, coming up with ‘beauts’ for arguments, then, looking like the blimp that crash-landed in Lakehurst, New Jersey in the 30’s, when feisty Mom was finished with him. A fiery crash, followed by total disappearance! “My God! The Carnage!”

I have found a way for you as a husband to win an argument, make a point, and the real clincher, she will not argue back. In fact, she will not even answer you. Do like I do, argue with her while she’s in another room. Maybe while she is out of the house, or maybe in another state, or country. It might be a good idea to whisper, too.

OK, it’s not like facing her, but you do want to win, don’t you?

Please remember my brother-in-law John, and all those that need our hopes and prayers for full recoveries.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

JO-JO---That's a good way to stay out of trouble--- on that note, I am not sure I can trust you any more. Thank you for making me laugh again!!!! Love you, your younger sister.