Monday, April 20, 2009

A SIGN OF THE TIMES?

The other night, TLW (The Little Woman) came home and after greeting me said, she had something for me.

Me: What?
Her: Something.

I was all excited, expecting a present or surprise.

TLW goes to the refrigerator and sticks an 8.5” X 11” piece of paper under a magnet. Standing back, she admires her posting.

Me: This is for me?
Her: Yes!

The paper reads:

“IF YOU ARE
GROUCHY, IRRITABLE,
OR JUST PLAIN MEAN,
THERE IS A $10 CHARGE
FOR JUST PUTTING
UP WITH YOU …”

Really!

Me, sweet, loveable, kindly me a “Grouch”? Mean? Huh!
Maybe she was married before? Surely, she must be kidding!

OK, I have my moments, but not all at once, and not all the time. In fact, the thought that ANYONE, would say that about ME! LET ALONE MAKE A SIGN! I happen to be a very nice guy, I may not show it right away, but take my word for it, and don’t smirk! Why, love is spilling out of me as I write this. If you don’t believe me, come over here and I’ll give you “grouch”.

Maybe I should post a sign:

“DON’T YELL AT ME, BUT
YOU FELL ASLEEP WITH THE
REMOTE IN YOUR HAND,
RUNNING THROUGH THE CHANNELS
WITH YOUR FINGER ON THE BUTTON!

THAT WILL BE $10, PLEASE!”

Please remember MMB, (My Man Bill), and my Brother-in-law, John and all those that need our hopes and prayers.

No comments: