Tuesday, May 05, 2009

HOLY $#!+


I was sitting at my desk Friday, busily doing what TLW (The Little Woman) ordered, working on some books for her religious education students. The little heathens (second graders) get a few homemade presents every year from TLW, and it is my job to make them.

The ringing of Alexander Graham Bell’s crazy invention suddenly disturbed my quiet solitude.

Me: “Jello?”
Caller: “Joe?”
Me: “Who’s this?”
Caller: “It’s me,”
Me: “WHO??”
Caller: “Your SISTER!”
Me: (I have four sisters, they all sound alike on the phone) which one, you all sound alike!”
Caller: “ &#^*^# *&)(%^$#@ ^%$#*^ &%#$*(?”
Me: “Oh, MaryAnn! How ya doin?”

Now Mary Ann is my third sister in the lineup or my tormented life, succeeding where the first two left off, and passing the baton off to the last one, in making my life miserable as the only boy in the family.

It’s funny how you can identify someone by the use of language, or in Mary Ann’s case, the creative use of language. She is probably the most street wise and down to earth in terms of reality. That means if talking like a sailor gets the message across, then the media is the message. Her media is her mouth, and although it can be rough, her heart is soft. She probably is more like me than any of the girls. Like’s to be outspoken, and likes to drive home her point, creatively, if needed. The only difference is she is beautiful: I look like what is left over in the refrigerator after six months.

Please remember all those that need our prayers, especially my brother-in-law, John.

2 comments:

Mary Ann said...

Just to clarify... I think I said something to the affect of ..'who the heck else would be calling you from a 704 area code?'

But if the word heck does make me "street wise" and sounding like a "sailor" then so be it.

Joseph Del Broccolo said...

Aye, aye!