Friday, May 08, 2009

WHAT’S IMPORTANT HERE?


Yesterday, as I sat in my chair, watching the morning news, I got a little testy about what I was watching!

The news was about Miss California, and how she might lose her crown. A report went on about some picture she posed for when she says she was 17. Her rear end is exposed in the photo, and the pageant people say the picture was taken after she won the crown, or shortly before winning it, violating her agreement.

After the report, there was a discussion by a young anchorwoman and some other woman “expert” about the issue, in two easy chairs. One would think the importance of this “news” was equal to the downturn in the economy! I-D-I-O-T-I-C!

I turned back to the newspaper rather than watch this stupidity, and soon, a commercial followed. The topic: starving children! Yes, there are starving children in this world, and the newscast is about some lame-brained broad and her “Title!

Shouldn’t starving children be a cause for alarm? Shouldn’t the channel make it a report, one with a discussion afterwards by the so-called commentators? Am I missing something, or is it just me?

If you are going to waste your time on something, waste it reading this blogue, which is chuck full of useless information, bad grammar and a distorted point of view, written by a nut-job with absolutely no clue as to what is going on.

Thank you.

Please remember all those that need our hopes and prayers, particularly my brother-in-law, John, and a certain sweet young woman I know, who could use them too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Joe .... a clueless nut-job? I doubt it .... but if so, a most adorable one who for the most part is always right in his opinions! When the news is on and something like that comes on .... I listen and think, "and this concerns me how?"

It's not just you!

Hugs ...... jan/PCH