Thursday, July 09, 2009

THE BIRTHDAY GIRL


Well, when I was a young man never been kissed
I got to thinkin' it over how much I had missed
So I got me a girl and I kissed her and then, and then
Oh, lordy, well I kissed 'er again

Because she had kisses sweeter than wine
She had, mmm, mmm, kisses sweeter than wine
(Sweeter than wine)

Well I asked her to marry and to be my sweet wife
I told her we'd be so happy for the rest of our life
I begged and I pleaded like a natural man
And then, whoops oh lordy, well she gave me her hand

Because she had kisses sweeter than wine
She had, mmm, mmm, kisses sweeter than wine
(Sweeter than wine)


If you must know the truth, I didn’t beg her to marry me, however I was ready to! I would have done anything, both lawful and unlawful to make myself this happy.

Who the heck am I talking about? Why TLW (The Little Woman) of course! You see, today is her birthday! It’s amazing, how she stopped aging when she married me! TLW is the starter of everyday life in my household. When she is gone, it is empty. You could fill an auditorium with people, but to me, if she is not there, it is empty.

I often read how men stray from their wives, how marriages can sour, and sometimes couples divorce. I won’t judge those men because I didn’t live their life. These things happen for whatever reasons, and tragic, unfortunate events unfold. But, when you have a wife like TLW, you go home on time, and maybe even a little earlier. There is no need for other company, and that has been true for over 38 years! Being happy is very simple living with TLW.

She may steal all the blankets and sheets, and try to blame me, she may tell me on occasion to: “Go ‘poop’ in your hat”, and we have had our differences, but when the air clears, I’m either laughing at her or buying a new hat.

TLW is still my girlfriend. TLW has endured living with me out of love. Motherhood is her calling, and I am ever grateful for the job she has done, especially with her oldest child, me. I savor every waking moment with her, and I don’t need a light on in the dark of night, if she is with me! She has made my house, a loving home, and she has been gracious enough to live with me in it all these years.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ELLEN,
I LOVE YOU MORE EACH DAY!
JOE


Please remember all those that need our hopes and prayers, including my brother-in-law, John.

No comments: