Friday, July 17, 2009

CLEARING OUT THE COB WEBS

I was looking at my calendar for the next few months, and discovered for a retired person, I am very busy. It seems with my editing of my book, and the book I’m designing, plus trips to the doctor on behalf of my daughter, and trips to SUNY Purchase on behalf of #2 Son, there is no time to retire!

I’m behind in my afternoon naps, gardening and new creative ideas! I haven’t even gotten into the pool yet this summer! Come to think of it, I haven’t even snacked properly! I wanted to start to get the house ready so we can sell it in a year or two, and there are rooms I wish to redo.

I’m not even getting up late in the morning! What gives? I’m committed to AHRC Suffolk with Board and committee stuff, and I’m rushing to make dinner! How is that all possible? Where is my leisure? I’m even scheduling two different appointments a day now! Hey, I NEED A REST FROM RETIREMENT!!

This is now the time of year where we start to go places. There are a few trips we are making, and I’m worried I might need a vacation from all this!

One thing I will tell you, it sure beats going to work every morning, facing the traffic, disgruntled underlings and meetings in conference rooms that put me to sleep. Nothing in my life is mandatory, unless I make it so. Not a bad deal when you think about it.

So, stop listening to me complaining and get back to work!

Please remember all those that need our hopes and prayers, including my brother-in-law, John.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Let me try to explain this to you. When you were working you were tired, right?
Well, now you are not working and you are RE-TIRED. Does that make you feel better?
The Sicilian S-I-L

Joseph Del Broccolo said...

Thank you, it really does.

Mary Ann said...

sounds like what women do on a daily basis..

Joseph Del Broccolo said...

Who asked you?