Tuesday, July 14, 2009

THE DAY HAS COME!


Yes, the Macaroni man has popped the question! No, not “what’s for dinner, or what time are the Mets/Jets playing?” but THE question, you know, “Will you marry me?” And, Kim, said, “Yes!” Hey, someone has to do it.

Chris, the Macaroni Man, loves sports and macaroni, well, we discovered he loves something else even more, Kim. And what’s not to love? A sweetheart of a gal, Kim fits in with the family like she was born one of us. Beautiful, sweet, and kind, she reminds me a lot of me, only with long hair. Ask any of my four sisters, and they will tell you the same thing! Just like me. Really.

I’ve been waiting a long time for this to occur. When two good people like that get together, life looks hopeful, things are beautiful, that is good news, for a change.

Kim is a banker, giving out money, taking in money, and learning new ways to make money. Chris is a teacher. Teaching how to add, subtract and divide. He hopefully will apply his multiplication skills someday, and go back to adding. But for now, let there be music for Kim and Chris!

Coming over Sunday to watch the Mets and have dinner, Chris took Kim and we celebrated her new ring, toasting them with glasses that were 69 years old, or least the last time they were used was 69 years ago! The glasses were TLW’s (The Little Woman) parents champagne glasses, so that marriage lasted, so why not? It was TLW’s idea. I think the happy couple will last a long, long time!

My sister Mary Ann, Chris’ mother, will be happy as we all are. I wonder if anyone will tell her?

PS, the union will be good, because the Mets won for a change!

Please remember all those that need our hopes and prayers, including my brother-in-law, John.

3 comments:

Mary Ann said...

Chris called me this morning to tell me. He said "Mom...before you read about it in the blog, Kim and I got engaged!" Geez...wonder if I'll get an invitation to the wedding, or will I read about it in the blog first???? lol

Jim Pantaleno said...

Congratulations Joe, always cause for celebration. Hopefully love is in the air and my son Mike will follow suit very soon.

Laura ESL Teacher said...

Congrats Joe, that's great news! What a good-looking couple!