Wednesday, July 01, 2009

ENOUGH!

I think I’ve reached my saturation point. I think I know all I want to know about Michael Jackson. I really don’t give a darn about his kids, how Elizabeth Taylor is feeling right now, or what some man in the street is grieving over because of Michael Jackson.

He may have been a great entertainer, maybe. I don’t know enough about him to care. He doesn’t warrant the coverage the press has afforded him. I’m sorry, he just doesn’t. He has squandered his money, his health and his reputation, and I should be interested in one more story about Michael Jackson? I should care that Latoya (sounds like a Toyota model of a new car) Jackson is paying a tribute all of a sudden, or that Joe Jackson is viewing all the tributes to his son on the front lawn, wearing a Sinatra hat? If it were Shoeless Joe Jackson, maybe I’d care.

The news shows, and that is what they are now, ‘shows’, are knocking themselves over to report about Michael Jackson, his family and his troubles. It seems they have lost their focus, and their credibility. They sensationalize trivia, and miss the important things that are very much alive in the world today. I would think that the injustice in Iran, the insanity in North Korea, the deaths of innocent people and their prior starving are much more news worthy. The fact that people are losing their homes and sanity because of the economy: has been put on the back burner! Doesn’t anyone care that we are now in a huge debt, one that is growing daily?

TV and the newspapers better get smart quick. People have access to the news via the Internet. The internet is timelier and better presented, and more relevant to today.

Please remember my brother in law John, and all those that need our prayers.

3 comments:

Jim Pantaleno said...

We are getting like the people of ancient Rome who only wanted to see bigger and more violent Gladiator battles in the Collesium while the Roman Emperors diluted, and finally destroyed the greatest civilization ever. Hard news doesn't sell anymore...people rather watch dumb "reality" shows and fluff TV. I'm building a time machine that will take me back to 1956. I'll save you a seat Joe.

Steve Philp said...

Agree completely, I've had enough of the coverage.

Laura ESL Teacher said...

I completely agree with you. Enough is enough; he was a great musician, but it's not like he didn't have faults. (Hello, does anyone remember he was a child molester?) OK he wasn't convicted, but neither was OJ. Ugh, I am so sick of all these people who follow all this nonsense like it means anything.