Saturday, July 25, 2009

JULY 4TH IS LATE THIS YEAR!

For some reason, I have neglected to mention my lovely sister-in-law, Sarah Manning, on her 39th birthday this past July 4th. I intended to do so, but I think her birthday is so close to mine; I don’t want to remind myself!

Sarah is TLW’s (The Little Woman’s) oldest brother’s wife, and she is only 2 days older than me, making her 39 + 20 days as compared to my 39 + 18 Days!

As you can see in her photo, she is a beautiful but very important person in the world of mushroom news. Being a mushroom myself, she was naturally interviewing me the last time we met. When there is a breaking story on a mushroom, there is Sarah, right there to give us all the details and will even follow up with an in depth article for USA magazine on Sundays.

Sarah is not only a fine mushroom reporter, but also a great wife, and mom, not to mention a great sister-in-law. (She asked me not to mention it! So, if you see her, you don’t know anything.)

Sarah Garrity Manning, came from a large family with a great sense of family values, taught by her parents. I kid you about her mushroom work, but she does have an important job in the industry. She takes her work seriously, and I can imagine her doing a great job.

Whenever she writes something on mushrooms, she will educate you while you read it. As I read, one can often hear me exclaim: “No shitake!” Did you know that Shiitake mushrooms have been researched for their medicinal benefits, most notably their anti-tumor properties in laboratory mice? It’s true. No shitake. So, don’t let me kid you.

Anyway, let me wish and I hope you do too, a HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY To Sarah Manning, mushroom queen!


Please remember all those that need our hopes and prayers, including my brother-in-law, John.

No comments: