Monday, July 06, 2009

MAKING PLANS

Wednesday, at 5:pm, I will meet my blogging buddy for the first time! The kid from Somers Street, in the real heart of Brooklyn, Jim http://jpantaleno.blogspot.com/
Along with his wife: Jasmine and TLW (The Little Woman) will hook up at Calgero’s in Garden City!

He found me by Googling ‘Strange people’ and my name was on the top of the list. I don’t need any comments here! We’ve planned this meeting to celebrate Brooklyn. Why didn’t we meet in Brooklyn? Glad you asked. I looked up restaurants in the old neighborhood, and all require you leaving your weapons at the door with the owner.

Well, we will relive memories of our school, Our Lady of Lourdes, the beatings they administered, along with learning good penmanship, and obedience.

Jim lived around the corner from me, and we have never met before. I would bet we have seen each other when we were younger, but no introduction. Jim also shares a birthday week, one day after mine, and so we will get together in the true Italian tradition, by breaking bread.

BY THE WAY, HAPPY BIRTHDAY STEPHEN O'HARA.


Please remember all those that need our hopes and prayers, including my brother-in-law, John

4 comments:

Fran said...

Happy Birthday Joe! Enjoy the entire day and keep those entertaining blogs coming! We'll be thinking about you and that fabulous meal you'll be having.
Love,
Fran and Tom

Theresa said...

Happy Birthday JO-JO! Have a great day on this beautiful sunny day.
All our love.
Theresa and John--(your younger sister!!)

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Joe!!

Love you,
Mary Ann

Jim Pantaleno said...

Atsa nice Giuseppe, have a happy birthday goombah. I'll see you and TLW tonight.