Saturday, July 11, 2009

OY! ALL THE DOCTORS!

You know by now, if you are a regular reader, about my bladder infection. I have been amazed by how many people have had urinary tract infections, and mistaken them for bladder infections! It seems that everyone I speak to, has had a problem of some sort.

The advice I get from people runs from family, friends and associates, and all of it is varied! The assumption is that the infection means it is a stone lodged somewhere: that needs to pass.

The advice runs from drinking a lot of water, drinking a lot of cranberry juice, drinking clear liquids, and no alcohol, to drinking beer, “it helps”, and it does!

TLW “The Little Woman” has researched it, her crack staff of medical advisors at the Wanna-be Bank and Trust Company have all weighted in, and all ask the same question: What did the doctor say, followed by: The doctor didn’t say anything!”

Yes, the doctor did not tell me to treat this like a stone, but did give me a medication to fight the infection (Ciprofloxacin HCL). My thinking is the darn thing could be a stone, since the pain is persistent, and unrelenting! It comes in waves, stabs me, then sometimes leaves, and sometimes I have to chase it with an ibuprofen, or two.

Now I like to get stoned occasionally, but I don’t want any help from some unknown source.

Of course, #2 Son had to ask how I was feeling.

Him: “How are you feeling?”

“OK”

Him: “You know, you probably have a kidney stone!”

“OK”

They really, REALLY hurt, when you pass them!”

“Oh!”

Him: “Yea, you gotta go to the hospital to do it, and it really, REALLY hurts!”

Please remember all those that need our hopes and prayers, including my brother-in-law, John.

No comments: