Tuesday, July 28, 2009

PRESSING FORWARD

In my continuing quest to reunite as many former graduates of my high school class as possible, I made my first contact, Gail, Sunday night, and will follow up on a lead with Martha, another '64 grad.

Gail was very kind and informative, as we rehashed our history for 45 years! Both have had our ups and downs like everyone else. We talked about who died or divorced, and really, who is still left standing.

I think everyone who graduated must have had ‘ups and downs’ or they wouldn’t be human. In case there is someone who has had all ‘ups’, I think we will allow for a small room, where we can take turns that night using a rubber hose on him or her.

I’m looking for a place where we can park our walkers and wheel chairs and have someone help us into the room. Of course, we’ll need an EM crew and probably some cushions for the seats. My good buddy Jim Pantaleno, http://jpantaleno.blogspot.com/, suggested: “Be sure it ends by 8 PM and serve something easy to chew.”

I do not for one moment think Jim was being funny, just made plain old sense!

Well, I will keep you posted periodically, as to how well I’m doing and whether or not this gets off the ground.

Please remember all those that need our hopes and prayers, including my brother-in-law, John.

No comments: