Wednesday, July 22, 2009

THE SOUND OF HER VOICE

The other day I went to the supermarket, and purchased some veggies to go with my steak dinner. I decided to go to the self-help check out machine since there were only a few items. That is a place I’d rather not go to, but once-in-a-while I get adventurous and do my own checkout.

“PLACE THE ITEM IN THE BAG”

I wonder, where have I heard this voice before?

“DO YOU HAVE A WALDBAUM’S SHOPPER’S CARD?”

I know her from somewhere!

“DO YOU HAVE ANY COUPONS?”

Hmmm, this woman’s voice is awfully familiar!

“PLACE THE ITEM IN THE BAG, TAKE YOUR CHANGE AND RECEIPT, AND GET OUT!”

As I leave the store and walk to my car, it hits me. She is also working my GPS! Sunofagun! She has two jobs! I get home and put away my purchases, and go to my cell phone to check for messages.

“YOU HAVE NO NEW MESSAGES, TO CHECK YOU MESSAGES, PRESS THREE. LET ME REPEAT THIS AS ANNOYINGLY AS POSSIBLE. YOU, HAVE NO, NEW MESSAGES.”

Times are really bad, this woman is holding down three jobs! Plus when she does the GPS, if TLW (The Little Woman) is present in the car, she will annoy her, too! (She gets a holiday bonus for that).

Please remember all those that need our hopes and prayers, including my brother-in-law, John.

No comments: