Friday, July 10, 2009

WELL, HOW DO YOU DO!


The First Annual Blogger’s Association of Bushwick, Brooklyn, met for it’s annual meeting. If I may be so bold as to say, it was a resounding success. All the membership appeared, along with their beautiful spouses, and all had wonderful time, and a nice, pleasant evening.

You know it takes some courage to meet me on an empty stomach, if you have never before done so. But to read what I write and then meet me, that is large, big time courage, especially if you live in a sane place like Staten Island, and drive out to Long Island!

But I must say, I personally had a great time. Meeting both Jim and his lovely wife Jasmine, we hit it off before we even shook hands. As I parked a little past the restaurant: Calagero’s of Garden City, TLW (The Little Woman) and I started to walk toward the restaurant, and from a distance, we spotted Jim and Jasmine, and started to wave! They are very warm people, and we embraced like old friends. I guess it was the old Brooklyn kinship, or maybe it was the Italian in us, or maybe we were just hungry and wanted to hurry up and get inside to eat! (Again, the Italian in us!) We could recognize each other by our blog pictures, and the long line of police, following me.

Once we sat down in the restaurant, it was a very long time before anyone ever thought about ordering! The four of us immediately hit it off, and started to talk like we knew each other a long time, never considering the menu. The staff at the restaurant was very courteous, attentive, and the food was excellent, never rushing us or annoying us until a large party appeared, and then they suggested that the kitchen might get very busy, so it was a good time to order.

Jim produced his little Our Lady of Lourdes memory book, with all the signatures of classmates and teachers, and we reminisced about the teachers we had in common. Jim and I had a Jack Daniels Manhattan each, and toasted the moment.

Two wonderful and unpretentious people, my kind of people were the Pantaleno’s.

Good for me.

Please remember all those that need our hopes and prayers, including my brother-in-law, John.

2 comments:

Jim Pantaleno said...

It was a nice eveving to be sure, As for us being wonderful and unpretentious people...honestly Joe, I'd argue if I could. Thanks for a special Brooklyn Bloggers dinner.

Laura ESL Teacher said...

Yeah so they fooled you too; they're both really a pain in the ass. (just kidding, glad you had fun!).