Sunday, July 05, 2009

WHISTLING PAST THE GRAVEYARD!

As if things aren’t bad enough, TLW’s (The Little Woman) sister Maureen’s husband Steve, a likeable guy by anyone’s standards, had a scare the other day. We all had fears, and I didn’t want to say anything here, until I knew, one way or the other. Turns out, everything is fine, and so we all go on.

Steve is an old engineer from the old school of life. Came from a nice family, and raised a nice family with his school teacher wife, and carved out a section of Connecticut to call their own for some 40 past years.

If you know Steve, and have a piano, he will impress you with the piano tuner he carries in his breast pocket! For years, being he is Sicilian, I naturally figured he was packing heat, but no, it is a piano tuner.

Once many years ago, when they showed up for a visit, Steve strayed toward the piano. Leaning up against it, he asked if I play. He then reached into his breast pocket, as I dove for cover. Whipping out the tuner, he saved me about 90 bucks.

Steve has a brother, Eddie, who successfully went through by-pass surgery, so congratulations to Eddie! Eddie is another member of the Cosa Gilardi clan of which I write. Actually, they are the farthest from gangster life I could imagine, and give Italians (ok, Sicilian) a good name!

By the way, another nice handmade card from Maureen, which will go into my collection of cards, along with last years card, and the lovely Courtney, #1 Son’s girlfriend, who made a card for the family for Christmas.


Please remember all those that need our hopes and prayers, including my brother-in-law, John.

No comments: