Tuesday, August 18, 2009

COLORADO, HERE WE COME!

Yes, I will journey across this great land of ours, where all is free but the airfare, life, and even death is not.

The day of my arrival in Steamboat Colorado, the temperature will range from 38 degrees to 73 degrees Fahrenheit. I think at night, it is 38, so thus all my cookies and milk will be cold. Steamboat is a ski resort, primarily, however, you can go grass skiing, and make great leaps from a launching platform, that lands you in Nevada!

We are the guests of my brother-in-law, Dennis, TLW’s (The Little Woman’s) baby brother and his lovely wife, SS-I-L (Sicilian Sister-In-Law) Angela. I just know they have scouted all of the Italian restaurants to eat in, and that they will NOT suggest: snake meat, buffalo, or caribou, not matter what they are told.

Biking, camping, and hiking backpacking are things available to do, while I will find out where there is an ample supply of Jack Daniels Manhattans, and in my mind, will Bike, camp and backpack on a bike!

Believe me, TLW will be right next to me!

This mini vacation will last a few days, then we will return home. I will continue to publish my blogue everyday I am gone. When I return, I will give you a rundown of what I did to screw up, get into trouble and scare the hell out of TLW and myself.

3 comments:

Jim Pantaleno said...

Beautiful country out there Joe, but I bet the pizza sucks. Have a good trip.

Laura ESL Teacher said...

A few of my friends lived in Steamboat when they were college kids, getting paid to be ski bums. Personally, I am a terrible, skier; never really understood why anyone would strap long boards to their feet and try to slide down a mountain on them. But it is pretty country!

Joseph Del Broccolo said...

I love the warm days and cold nights! I would never touch pizza outside of metropolitan New York, Jim.