Saturday, August 08, 2009

NOT IDLE WORDS


The day before yesterday: I was invited to a picnic. The picnic was held at the Shoreham-Wading River ICF, the haven where my daughter lives. Thursday was a rainy day that suddenly became clear and dry, in time for the festivities. The clouds parted and everyone was relieved that it did so.

After lunch, I walked into my daughter’s wing, and was talking to parents and staff. I kept thinking about how great the staff is, and remembering my latest blogue. As I looked around, I noticed something on the wall. At first, I thought it a project a resident did with the staff’s help. Then I looked closer, and realized it was a memorial to Paul, a former and late resident. (See Sunday, May 24, 2009:
SADNESS IN THE SUNLIGHT)
http://delbloggolo.blogspot.com/search?q=Paul

If you didn’t believe me when I state how wonderful the staff is at AHRC Suffolk, then look at the photo, and you see what I mean. It (The memorial) said a million words of love, in a simple tribute.

Please pray for my brother-in-law John, a man of few words, but a lot of unused money, and all those that need our prayers.

No comments: