Saturday, August 15, 2009

OH, MY GAWD!

It amazes me that TLW (The Little Woman) as tiny as she is has so much going on in her brain. In the mornings, after she reads her newspapers, she then stands, surveys the place and puts her hands on her hips, feet slightly apart and begins a litany of things that need attention.

As she stands there, I try to put the newspaper as high as possible in front of me, so she doesn’t catch my eye. It NEVER works. She then ticks off things that need attending to, as she goes through the lives of #2 Son, the dog, and then herself and me. She can, if on her game that day, also touch upon her other two children, #1 Son and my daughter Ellen!

Once the human side is covered, she then scans the horizon and begins on the house, the cars, the pool, and whether we need milk or not! Who can keep track of all that?

To really show off, she then goes on line and pays bills! She has yet to go to work, all this before 7:30 AM!

She will call me from work, ask if I did this or that, and ask questions. I either did this or that, or forgot.

“Did you backwash the pool today?”


“Yes I did!”


“Did you add the D.E.?”


“D.E.?”


“YOU BACKWASHED AND DIDN’T ADD THE D.E.?”


It seems every time I do something, she seems to hit me with a technicality of some sort; which makes me feel dumb.


“I was GOING to, but the phone rang, yeah, that’s it, the phone rang, so it slipped my mind. You look particularly beautiful this evening, more than usual!”

Cowardly? Perhaps, but a good line is like a lifeline, it saves me.

Please remember my brother-in-law, John, who found out from his accountant, that some of his original money is starting to rot! Please remember all those of us that need prayers.

No comments: