Monday, August 24, 2009

OH, THE PAIN!

Before my trip to Colorado, I was assigned by TLW (The Little Woman) the task of putting Happy, my cocker spaniel in a kennel until we returned.

Going to the closet, Happy began prancing around on her old legs, excitedly expecting to go out. Dragging me out the door, she stopped and squatted while I pulled her out to the street to do her business. I’m a stickler about peeing in the car, you know.

She squatted and let it rip, yellow streams running down the gutter of the street, washing away all in its path! Finished, she pulled me to the car. Being she is so old now, she can’t climb up like she used to, so I lifted her onto the front seat and off we went.

Smugly she sat in the front, looking out the front and side window, tongue hanging out, as if to say; Daddy and I are on our way, somewhere!”

Pulling into the parking lot of the kennel, (Kozy Knoses), she continued to prance, as we got to the front door. As I opened the door, I suddenly realized I had an immoveable object at the other end of the leash! All four feet were planted, squarely and solidly onto the front step! She refused to move. Finally, I coax her in, and have to wait for someone to take her. As I wait and she shakes, one of the gals that work there comes with a paper towel and says: “Excuse me.” Stepping aside, she leans down and picks up a little package of poops! Happy pinched a loaf! At least, I think it was Happy.

Someone came, at that point, and whisked her away with my saying: "Good bye", making me feel very guilty about leaving her like that!

View my new post!
I decided to put my novel up as a preview! Please comment if you like. Go to: http://deliterature.blogspot.com/
This is the first chapter from my book, Tolik's Odyssey. Next week: the second chapter.

No comments: