Monday, August 10, 2009

SAINTHOOD, OR…

Happy Birthday, Don!

Yes, Don whom I only introduced to you once before as being married to my sister Joanne. The reason I never mention Don is because he is a hard act to follow. He is very VERY, brave. He married Joanne! What the hell else is there that anyone could possibly do to top that? The only thing I can think of is: win the Congressional Medal of Honor, or the Croix de Guerre.

Secondly, in case he skipped town and was never heard from again, I didn’t want you to grow attached to him.

OK, I exaggerate a little. He may not skip town, my sister probably has a honing device planted on him, that he doesn’t know about.

Don is one of those fellows that you can only meet once in a life-time. He is one of the most pleasant people I know, and I am very happy that I call him my brother-in-law. I can say that about all my brother-in-laws, but this guy is just a class act! I wrote about his beautiful sister Nancy, who is just like him. It has to be a wonderful family filled with wonderful human beings!

Don does have a fatalistic side of him, just like I have: he is a Mets and Jets fan! So, you see how he came about marrying Joanne. We love Joanne, so we love to suffer!

Being a successful business-man, he is low key, patient and intelligent, and has been embraced by the whole family, from day one.

So, HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DON!

We all love you, and of course will pray for you, because of ‘You Know Who.’

Speaking of prayer, I spoke to the Pope about Don, recommending ‘sainthood’, even though he is not Catholic, and the Pope seems to agree!

Please remember a prayer or two for my brother-in-law John, who found out perogies can stick together if not serves immediately, and make a mess in your wallet, and all those that need our prayers.

4 comments:

Theresa said...

Don, Happy Birthday, have a great day! It's too bad the weather didn.t behave yesterday, we could have celebrated your birthday together, but then again it's just as well, JO-JO would have been with you!! (WE MISSED A LOT OF FUN)

Joseph Del Broccolo said...

I agree, hey, wait minute!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Don! Hope you all had a great day celebrating!

Mary Ann

Unknown said...

Thanks all ... it's tough living up to this Sainthood schtick! The Pope called and he isn't buying it either. Said that both the Mets & Jets have to win their respective World Series / Super Bowls before it would be considered. Better odds winning the mega millions jackpot!