Monday, September 07, 2009

ANOTHER SEASON GONE!

I can’t believe that fall is upon us. I got the idea from the stores putting out the Christmas stuff. Before we know it, it will be summer again!

I'll see you in September when summer is gone
Have a good time but remember, I'll be waiting back home
And when you go out dating with some guy all alone
Just remember I'll be waiting when summer is gone

Time goes by fast when you either have a good time or are getting old. I try to do both, have a good time and get old. If I combine the two, it is less effort and more pleasant.

When the warm June nights surround you
Don't fall under his spell
When he puts his arms around you
Remember that I loved you so well

As a young man, two things would occur every year at this time. First; the car radio played: ‘When Summer Is Gone’ (which I think should be played in June) and the Jerry Lewis Muscular Dystrophy telethon, both of which signaled the end of summer.

And I'll see you in September when summer is gone
Have a good time but remember
Come back to me when summer is gone

Not being a big fan of summer, I was a big fan of days off from work or school! So, both occasions were sad ones for me. I particularly hated the day after Labor Day, which was like a giant Monday morning. In fact, Labor Day was a giant Sunday afternoon!

When the warm June nights surround you
Don't fall under his spell
When he puts his arms around you
Remember that I loved you so well

Now that retirement has set in, I look forward to those rainy or snowy days of fall and winter, when I can lean back in my recliner, coffee in hand, and watch the morning commute! Every day is a giant Friday evening, going on vacation!

So, to all you kids out there: “Haha!”

And I'll see you in September when summer is gone
Have a good time but remember
Come back to me when summer is gone

2 comments:

Jim Pantaleno said...

Just keep writing, painting, and moving around. Have a Jack Daniels Manhattan to celebrate life, and you will see many more sunsets.

(I read that in the past 44 years, Jerry Lewis has raised 1.5 BILLION for Muscular Dystrophy. Nice going Jerry.)

Anonymous said...

My flag is up and can't wait. I too like the chill in the air and snow on its way.