Saturday, September 05, 2009

FINALLY

We heard from #2 Son today, who is away at SUNY Purchase! Apparently, there is some screw up with the phones, which he is working on.

For the last few days, all I’ve been hearing is NOT: Wow! What a good looking guy!” or “Can I buy you dinner” or, Are you alive?” from TLW (The Little Woman), but, “Did Michael call?”

My feeling is; no news is good news, and that is the case. He is doing well, seems happy and says he likes it there. Good for everybody!

My folks never knew if I was home or not, I was so quiet. I just went to school, came home, went to work and back home to study, and do it all over again the next day. That was a problem for me on weekends, though.

Dad had a philosophy of: If you are not working or studying, you are in school. Mom’s was; don’t make a mess, and clean up after yourself. I have to admit, she did write the phrase: "Take two aspirins, and go to school."

None of my parent’s children made a fuss out of life. We all worked, studied, and did chores around the house. No questions were ever asked, no excuses given, and neither questions or excuses were ever accepted. Life was simple, neat and clean, and we avoided the wrath of dear old Mom.

Today, Mom is a worrywart, she is central command, she takes over and coordinates life in the household. It is actually fun to she this little lady take over, three chutches being ordered around by TLW.

She has developed the swagger of General Patton, The presence of Ike, and the cunning of Rommel! She sits in the morning in her chair, and plots the day’s activities for all concerned. She is a real Mom, giving a comfort to her children and even her dumb ass husband.

But everyone must report by week’s end!

No comments: