Thursday, September 24, 2009

IT’S GETTING WORST!

The whole world is turning upside down!

Yes, my old age is quickly creeping up on me! Why is it that old age is the only thing that moves quickly when you get old? That and the time seem to be the only things that don’t slow down.

I was on the Internet the other day and noticed something that is becoming prevalent. It seems that these young website designers are going toward 5 point type in a light grey! Maybe the younger kids can read it, but us older kids need a break! Make it black and readable for crying out loud! It is always a mistake young designers make, they go pretty, rather than functional, and readability is important.

Another issue is whenever I buy a new product that has instructions; there is always something missing. For instance, I purchased a new phone, and went on line to activate it. Both in the printed instructions and on line they say there is a serial number in the battery chamber that starts with “ESN” or “MEID DEC”, neither of which were present! By digging around on the website, I found that I needed to use the phone and call a number that gave me the ESN numbers!

Why, oh why, do they put the dosage instructions on the over the counter headache or pain medication, deep into a whole liturgy of information I don’t care about? To top it off, the website designer is freelancing with the pharmaceutical company and putting the dosage in 4 ½ point type. By the time you read how much to take, you are either dead or the headache is gone!

I don’t mean to sound cranky but…

They are forever moving too slowly off a light, when I’m behind them. Who are “they?” “They” are those knucklehead drivers, both men and women who take forever to accelerate when the light turns green. By the time I get to the light, you guessed it; it is red. So is my language.

I get on a highway and what happens, I get locked in between a nursery truck and a horse carrier, in front and back of me, while I get the speed up to pull out into the passing lane fast enough.

And finally, why is it always more obvious in spellcheck?

4 comments:

Fran said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jim Pantaleno said...

I hate when they put the directions for taking medication in type so small you need a f***ing magnifying glass to read it. This should be against the law. I wonder how many poor old folks are gone from this earth because they read four pills every hour instead of 1 pill every four hours!

Joseph Del Broccolo said...

That's ONE pill every FOUR hours??!!

Anonymous said...

Reminds me of my morning medication fiasco from a few years ago.
SS-I-L