Tuesday, September 15, 2009

MAKING OLD ACQUAINTENCES!

A few days ago, I had the pleasure of seeing for the first time in over 30years, some of my old high school classmates! I saw faces that I remember fondly, of people that were always friendly and courteous and I felt welcomed.

It’s funny how we forget, and then like a bolt of lightning, it hits us about who this or that person is. I was impressed and grateful that we have gotten better. I am spearheading a committee to reunite our class after 45 years, and I wonder to myself what I got myself into. Then I see the wonderful potential for good times with good people, and I’m glad I’m doing it!

There is some pain in the process. So far, out of 160 classmates, about 13 have passed on! This is very disturbing to me, and it had me up all night!

When I think about today, how the high schools have installed metal detectors, and police or guards on the grounds, I realize how great our generation was. Never was there a gang war, or a rape or murder, just plain kids doing what kids did to have fun, make a little mischief, and learn to like, and yes, even love each other.

We dressed well, kept our underwear out of sight, and our pants up. Our shoes were always tied, and when we wore a baseball cap, the peak was squarely on, with a little bow to it. Today, the shoes are untied, the pants hang at the hips and the underwear is all hanging out! I would have died if anyone saw my underwear, especially a girl!

I saw one gal recently who had what I thought was a very colorful blouse. It had rich colors and bold designs, but when I got closer, it hit me. IT WAS A GIANT TATOO ON HER CHEST! That’s right, her chest was a big tattoo!

I have to wonder who dressed her, let alone let her out with money to buy that tattoo?

Give me the good old days, the wonderful women I met recently for the first time in 30 or some cases 45 years, and the sanity that there was. Not one ‘F’ bomb was dropped!

No comments: