Thursday, September 10, 2009

WELCOME ALEXANDER JOHN!

Today I give you a special blogue, an introduction to my new grand nephew! Born on 9/9/09, he now shares a birthday with his great grandfather, Tony! The first born of Annemarie and Greg Schneider, the grandchild of my baby sister Mary Ann, and Larry and Fran Schneider, the child will be royally spoiled, and let’s hope so.

Since today is Dad’s birthday, I decided to pay him a visit at his gravesite, and when I drove into the cemetery grounds, I first stopped at Alex’s grandfather Carl’s grave. Carl left us a few years ago, and he won’t be replaced, but he will be missed, especially on this day. I know that we should all be happy on this bittersweet day, but life deals us what it does. Carl would probably be strutting if he was here today, and I guarantee you he is strutting around in heaven.

Mary Ann, one of my baby sisters, fortunately is an airline attendant, so she is used to being high off the ground. Today, she is soaring higher than she ever did, since her two kids graduated college! She deserves all the joy she is getting from this, and even more should come her way. I’m proud of her for this moment, and all her moments, and know she and her children, and now grandchild will make for a better world! She looks too young to be a grandmother!

When I heard the news, that Annmarie was experiencing a little problem with the birth, I decided to go to the hospital. It turns out everything is now fine, and I am a great uncle (in name only) and will make one simple request.

Being how I am retired Annmarie, I am not used to driving during rush hour. Please refrain from having babies during rush hour, after 9:00 am however, is fine!

Note: No picture is available at the time of this posting. One will definitely follow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to you, and Greg and AnnMarie of course!

-#1 Son