Monday, October 19, 2009

CALL MY SECRETARY,

And I’ll get back to you.

Being I’m retired, it gives me time to do all I have to do. For instance: this blogue, everyday of the week, writing a new book and a short story, the next painting and of course cooking everyday. But that is just the tip of the iceberg!

I have to take on the 1964 Bellport High School Reunion, and a three-day trip to Albany, a half-day chairing a Guardianship Committee meeting, and now, a Power Point presentation for our Candlelight Ball, an annual fundraising event. This does not mean I miss my monthly board of director’s meeting, or some other committee meetings that call for my attention. I also have to paint a room or two and get the house ready for sale. In the wings, a book I am designing as soon as I get all the copy, for the New York School of Podiatric Medicine.

I often wonder why people don’t want to retire! If they don’t, they won’t get any work done! They claim they have to keep busy, not me, uh-uh, no, I rather take it easy. I mean, who needs all THAT aggravation! No, this is better, just enough time in the day to use the potty, relax for a moment then get a little something done. Huh?

What I need is a full-time secretary, a larger office and a conference room, and some staff would help, too!

Maybe a full-time job, just to get away from it all!

1 comment:

Corinne said...

Perhaps you might start with " What the World Needs Now is Love"! You are certainly a bright light for everyone!!!
Corinne