Tuesday, October 06, 2009

WHAT ARE THEY THINKING?

I’m sorry, but I need to make a comment or two about things in general.

The other day, as I was leaving a supermarket, there is a lady that works behind the counter. She is in her late 60’s, and her hair is dyed blonde.

Why?

No women in her late 60’s or older should try to fool me by that much. She looked very unnatural in her coloring. She was obviously a brunet, who turned grey, then blonde. I doubt that it was a natural occurrence. Her skin coloring and features just made her odd.

My Mother did just that. She is fair in complexion, but her hair was black. As she got older, on went the blonde look, and I had a hard time talking to her as my mother, more like a stranger, as my mind drifted toward who I remember, not the look in front of me. In both cases, I wondered if the two ladies mentioned were looking for boyfriends! Dad was alive at the time, and would not dare suggest she do that. (Don’t go telling her I said this.)

There are black and Hispanic women who dye their hair blond, and I can’t help but tell myself: “That looks silly!” I think women can dye their hair, just die it to your natural color. You will still look beautiful, ladies, and natural.

Then as I stroll through my neighborhood, I notice a lot of homes that renovate and change their windows. Particularly ranch homes seem to opt for a window that was designed for a different kind of structure. The windows are too big or wide for the architect’s original design, so it looks out of place. Sometimes I see covered entryways to the front door, again something that should be for a large home, is out of place.

I think both women and architecture are beautiful in and of themselves, neither of which should be tampered with.

1 comment:

Corinne said...

Sure glad I kept my natural color all these years!!! Great blog, CK